Anatomy and Character Sculpture: Exercise

 ANATOMY AND CHARACTER SCULPTURE


06.04.2023 - 06.07.2023 (Week 1 - Week 14)
Maisarah bt Muhd Zamri
Anatomy and Character Sculpture
Exercise



06.04.2023 (Week 1)
Introduction to module.



13.04.2023 (Week 2)
Skeleton study 
Sculpting skeleton > waist up

Fig 1.1 (Skull & Proportions Study)

Fig 1.2 (ZBrush - Head Skeleton)

Fig 1.3 (ZBrush - Bust)

Fig 1.4 (ZBrush - Skeletal Waist Up)
  • This is my first time using ZBrush. 
  • Honestly, pretty fun. 
  • I didn't struggle much with this. I don't know why it was so impossible for me to use this software before.
  • The skeletal body is made of simple shapes, just as a base.

20.04.2023 (Week 3)
Pose/Proportion study

Fig 2 (Pose Study)
  • I gathered images of models in various poses and traced them.
    • I chose mostly contemporary dance poses because they tend to show more movement. That helps me understand the flow of the body better.
  • I'm supposed to do a head/face sculpt, but I didn't (ʃᵕ̩̩ ᵕ̩̩)

27.04.2023 (Week 4)

Fig 3 (Head/Face)
  • Here is the head/face sculpt that I didn't do last week.
  • "i wAsn'T STrUgGliNg VerY mUcH."
    • The face is pretty weird.
    • The eyes are bulging and I unfortunately merged it with the rest of the head so I couldn't fix it anymore because it is a non-reversible action.
  • I'm a little proud with the nose actually :^) 
  • The ears also don't look bad.
  • Honestly I really like how this face turned out, if it weren't for the eyeballs mistake. That is the one thing ruining this whole face. ( ಠ_ಠ)

04.05.2023 - 18.05.2023 (Week 5 - Week 7)
The weeks I dipped :')
I was absent from class for these three weeks because of reasons and therefore have to rely on class recordings to do the next exercises.

Fig 4.1 (Muscle)
  • I combined sculpted cylinders and spheres to build the arm. 
    • They're still individual subtools in Fig 4.1 and aren't yet merged.
  • I had slight trouble sculpting the from muscles. 
    • The abdomen muscles look odd.
    • I learnt later that I shouldn't just straight away sculpt the abs. I should first push the abdomen part inwards a little bit so it wouldn't look as if the abs are bulging out the body unnaturally.

Fig 4.2 (Hand)
  • The thumb is a little messed up. 
  • It looks fine in some angles, but some other angles it does look a bit disproportionate.
  • It was a bit of a hassle to sculpt each fingers, but such is life.
  • But overall I think it looks okay.

Fig 4.3 (Foot)
  • I used the same technique for sculpting a hand to sculpt this (I'm not sure if there is a separate way of doing this, cuz I didn't come to class, so I wouldn't know).
    • I was so afraid of looking up feet pics for references because I  don't want that in my search history. What would my FBI agent think of me if they saw that? (≖_≖├┬┴┬┴
  • The bits in between the toes are probably caused by the low resolution.
    • It's going to be hidden by shoes later anyway, so I don't worry about it much.
  • It looks alright I think.
There's supposedly an exercise on how to sculpt hair, but I was already so behind on the project, and my character wouldn't be showing hair anyway, so I skipped doing that.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Design Exploration

Game Art: Exercise